Monday, June 18 – Friday, June 22, 2017
Because it is nearly impossible to get all of our staff together for a training prior to the week of WI Kids Camp, and because it is of paramount importance to be trained and all on the same page, EVERY staff person read the following document:
The primary need for staff for WI Kids Camp are counselors (we are calling them Squadron Leaders). We need:
- adult counselors (18 and over)
- junior counselors (must have completed grade 8 by the end of the 2017-2018 school year)
We worked out a great deal with the camp facility in regard to staff. For every 5 campers we get 1 staff person for free. Which works out to a 5:1 ratio, students to leader. So staff do not cost anything! (Unless we go over that ratio) Cool, eh?! Staff do not have to pay to serve at WI Kids Camp for the week!!
What does it look like to be staff (counselors & junior counselors) at WI Kids Camp?
Good question! The counselors and junior counselors will be the relational glue with the campers all week.
Squadron leaders get to:
- lead the campers spiritually in discussions and one-on-ones,
- help them make it through the week emotionally and physically,
- and have a ton of fun with them!
So, for every 5 campers your church sends, there needs to be 1 adult counselor or 1 junior counselor sent along with them.